Adding beautiful badges into the markdown
Adding beautiful badges into the Github README file is important to make your open source code more professional, for example:
The format of the badge image is as bellow:
We could use Shields to generate whatever icon we'd like to.
We can find popular colors as bellow in the Shields website and we can directly specify the color value:
The LOGO uses simple SVG icon name which can be found in SimpleIcons, we use Docker in the above example as we find the Docker SVG icon:
Base64 icon data
We could customize own icon by using the Base64 icon data.
Icon generate ways
- The Favicon.cc can be used to generate favicon icon
- The Favicon Generator can be used to generate icons for all platforms
- The Base64 Image can be used to convert images to base64
Badge integration with third-party
- Travis-CI: Copy the badge icon markdown code from the platform. The icon displays the realtime build status
- All-contributors bot: Display current contributors. Adding a contributor by commenting in a Github Issue (@all-contributors please add USERNAME for design)